BrightWork has released the newest update (15.16) to its project and portfolio management solution on SharePoint. With the updated version comes a host of new and exciting features that improve BrightWork.
- Modern Scheduling: Gantt Chart Web Part Enhancements
- Scalable Reports: Portfolio Project Cache Reporting
- Repeatable Success: Template Design Sync
Modern Scheduling: Gantt Chart Web Part Enhancements
Project scheduling is crucial to project management success and the best way to visualize and work your project schedule is through Gantt Charts.
Gantt Charts have been a key component of BrightWork and one of the most popular features among our customers for some time. They allow project managers to absorb key information such as, project timelines, tasks, responsible team members, dependencies, milestones and progress, all at a glance in one single web part.
In BrightWork 15.16, the modern Gantt Chart web part has been enhanced even further to support:
- Projects Tasks: Project Task lists can now be reported on in a hierarchical Gantt.
- Icons: Project status icons can now be displayed on the Gantt. This includes: status, priority and status indicator icons, as well as icons like health, time and cost.
- Height: The height of the Gantt can be configured in the Gantt settings.
- Column Types: Gantt now supports lookup columns, multi-value lookup columns, and multi-value choice columns.
- Default Columns: Gantt now includes icon columns configured by default.
Scalable Reports: Portfolio Project Cache Reporting
The Project Cache allows you to report on Project Summary information from the Project Statement, Project Tracker and Project Metrics.
In the latest release of BrightWork, Portfolio reporting sites can now report on the Project Cache, greatly improving performance. The following additional features are now available for Portfolio reporting site.
- BrightWork Reporter web part: Instances in Portfolio reporting sites can now select the Project Cache as a Data Source. This facilitates faster reporting and, for larger sites, can show greatly improved performance.
- Gantt Charts web part: The Gantt Chart web part, which uses the Project Cache for project reporting, is now available in Portfolio reporting sites.
- Quick Setup: Existing Portfolio reporting sites can be quickly updated by using the BrightWork Provision Project Cache Pages action.
- New Portfolio sites: New Portfolio reporting sites, created from the out of the box template, will default to report on the Project Cache.
Repeatable Success: Template Design Sync
BrightWork Template Design Sync allows you to make design changes to a template and pull those changes into sites created from that template on a site by site basis. These changes can include adding new items such as lists and list columns and removing certain unmatched items in the destination site.
Template Design Sync now supports the option to include column mapping in Project Status Report lists. Also, Template Design Sync now follows the same rules as Rename Project Home Link if the Quick Launch is synced.
Outside of work, Micheál likes to find new stories through podcasts, movies, sport and travel.