BrightWork has released the newest update (15.15) to its project and portfolio management solution on SharePoint. With the updated version comes a host of new and exciting features that improve BrightWork.
- Enhance Scheduling: New Gantt Chart Web Part
- Repeatable Success : Copy Site across Site Collections
- More Secure: Continued FedRAMP Compliance
Enhanced Scheduling: New Gantt Chart Web Part
Project scheduling is crucial to project management success and the best way to visualize and work your project schedule is through Gantt Charts.
Gantt Charts have been a key component of BrightWork and one of the most popular features among our customers for some time. They allow project managers to absorb key information such as, project timelines, tasks, responsible team members, dependencies, milestones and progress, all at a glance in one single web part.
In the previous version of BrightWork, we introduced a newer, more modern Gantt Chart. In BrightWork 15.15 this is no longer limited to BrightWork Reporter and instead, a brand new web part that you can add to any page.
The initial version of the Gantt Chart web part supports the following:
- Web Part Ribbon: Like most BrightWork web parts, the settings can be accessed from the web part’s Ribbon. The web part can be Refreshed from the ribbon also.
- Data Source: Project Cache is the Data Source supported. The Data Source can also be filtered using views from the Project Cache or by using CAML.
- Gantt Scope: Current Site or Current Site including all sub-sites.
- Gantt Data Binding: Options to select the start and finish dates, percentage complete, and a milestone flag to be viewed on the Gantt timeline.
- Column Settings: Select and order the reports columns. Also, modify the column’s caption, hide the caption, and specify a column width.
- Column Types: Most column types in the Project Cache are available. The following columns are not available.
- Sorting: Select up to four columns to determine the default order in which items are displayed.
The Gantt Chart web part also supports the following:
- Initial set of columns are automatically selected.
- Column widths can be dragged to expand or narrow the column.
- Column splitter can be dragged left and right to hide or show columns.
- Column can be sorted by clicking on the column’s heading.
- Gantt timeline set to fit the project dates.
- Search of Gantt content.
- Full screen view.
Repeatable Success: Copy Site across Site Collections
One of the most popular features of BrightWork is a proprietary site copy feature that does not rely on the Solution Gallery and gives far greater granularity than is offered by vanilla SharePoint. This feature is used in the Create Project, Create Template and Create Portfolio pages.
With BrightWork 15.15, we have taken this unique feature to a whole new level by giving users the ability to copy a site from one BrightWork site collection to another.
This allows project managers to repeat the success of previous projects without the tedium of creating a new project site from scratch. Project mangers can regain hours of time to concentrate on actually working and planning their new projects.
The Copy Site Across Site Collections feature is especially useful for copying templates, and is also useful when copying projects.
More Secure: FedRAMP Compliant
To maintain our 100% clean Record with FedRAMP compliance, a number of updates to BrightWork have been applied.
FedRAMP promotes the adoption of secure cloud services across the US Federal Government by providing a standardized approach to security and risk assessment.
By being 100% compliant with U.S. Federal and State security requirements, BrightWork’s Project Office Jumpstart is the ideal solution for U.S. Federal Civilian, DoD, and NatSec customers.
Outside of work, Micheál likes to find new stories through podcasts, movies, sport and travel.