Last Updated March 30, 2018.
BrightWork is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data and your data protection rights. The data controller of the BrightWork.com “the website” is Aimware Ltd. doing business as BrightWork (“BrightWork”, “we” or “us”) with company number 241910 and whose registered address is Galway Business Park, Dangan, Galway, H91 P2DK, Ireland. This Privacy Statement applies to all personal data you provide to BrightWork when you visit and/or use the website; attend BrightWork events; contact us via email, phone or social media, for example, LinkedIn or Facebook; and/or if you use any of our products and services.
Please read the following to learn more about how we:
- collect, store, use and share personal data
- retain your data
- secure your data, and
- your data protection rights.
By using this website and submitting any personal data, you agree to the use by BrightWork of such data in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
BrightWork collects two types of personal data which helps us better understand and enhance the experience of our website users and customers.
Data You Provide to Us:
When you use our website, products or services, contact us via email, telephone or social media, or otherwise communicate with us, we may ask you to provide certain personal data voluntarily, including, but not limited to, your name, company, job title, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, account usernames and passwords. We use this data:
- For the purposes for which it was provided to us, as stated at the point of collection, for example, to provide you with a BrightWork publication; register for a BrightWork Free Trial; request a demo; download a SharePoint Project Management Template; register for BrightWork webinars and/or events or to create a BrightWork Customer Success Community Account.
- To operate and manage the website; providing content and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our website.
- To provide you with the products and services that you may purchase; communicating with you in relation to those purchases and recommending content that may be of interest to you.
- To manage our communications and IT systems.
- To identify issues with, and plan improvements to the website.
- Process transactions and send you related information, such as, order confirmations and invoices.
- To contact you with information about BrightWork products, services and events, and other information which may be of interest to you, and
- To respond to your specific inquiries and comments.
Data We Automatically Collect:
We will only send you marketing communications regarding our products and services if you provide us with your consent to do so. Our email communications may contain tracking technology that tells us if you opened the email and if you clicked on any of the hyperlinks within the email. This tracking technology helps us to analyze, review and improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you decide, at any time, that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from BrightWork you can opt-out by using the Unsubscribe link in our marketing emails. Or, you can email us at email@example.com. If you choose to unsubscribe, BrightWork will not process your personal data unless legally required to do so. BrightWork may need to share your contact information with third parties for the limited purpose of ensuring that you no longer receive marketing communications from them on our behalf. Our legal basis for processing your personal data will depend on the type of personal data and manner in which we collected it. Generally, BrightWork will collect and process your personal data only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform our contractual obligations to you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest in not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as legally permitted and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or where we have a current legitimate interest to retain it. The retention period depends on the type of the personal data and the purposes of processing. For example, contact information about visitors, such as, mailing list information is kept until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information.
Where we do not have a legitimate interest to process your personal data, or where you have withdrawn your consent, we will either securely destroy, delete or anonymize your personal data, or where this is not possible (for example, your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and segregate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Sharing of Personal Data
BrightWork does not, and will not sell or rent your personal data to any third party. However, BrightWork does employ third-party service providers (such as, IT service providers) as an essential part of being able to provide our website, products and services to you. For example, facilitating marketing campaigns and events, analyzing data and statistics, and facilitating website improvements. Some third-party service providers may be located outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA). Where a business partner third-party service providers processes data on our behalf they are subject to binding contractual agreements, based on our written instructions and they employ security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
Additionally, we may share your personal data with any other person with your consent, with law enforcement agencies, legal and regulatory authorities where BrightWork is required to comply with a legal obligation or applicable law, to enforce this Privacy Statement or any BrightWork agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BrightWork, our customers and employees.
Many of our servers and computer systems are currently based in the United States meaning personal data will be transferred, stored and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, if you complete an online form on our website the contact information will be stored on BrightWork servers located in Ireland and the US, and may be shared with some of our third party service providers who are located in countries outside the EEA. Where we transfer personal data to countries outside the EEA, we do so on the basis of binding contractual agreements.
BrightWork takes the security and protection of your personal data seriously. We have implemented reasonable physical, administrative, technical, and organizational security measures to protect all personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We acknowledge there is no method of transmitting, or storing personal data that is completely safe. BrightWork encourages you to use appropriate safeguards to secure your computers and the information contained on them in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
If you have been given or have created account details to provide you with access to certain parts of the website (for example our Customer Success Community), you are responsible for keeping those details confidential in order to prevent unauthorised access to your accounts. If you suspect that your password has been stolen then please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to the following data protection rights:
- To access, obtain, correct, or update your personal data
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communication we send you at any time. You can do this right by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or “Opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Or, you can contact us directly using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time and you do not have to provide a reason for your withdrawal.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- You can also object to processing of your personal data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, request us to restrict processing of your personal data, request portability of your personal data or ask us to delete your personal data (unless we need to retain this data in order to comply with a legal obligation, or we have a legitimate business need to retain your data).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact BrightWork at email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Officer, BrightWork, Galway Business Park, Dangan, Galway, H91 P2DK, Ireland. In making any request in this regard, please provide us with adequate information to allow us to identify you and to facilitate your request. We will respond to your query as quickly as possible, and within 30 days of receipt of your request.
External Links to Other Websites
Some of the pages on our website provide links to other websites, which are not within our control. BrightWork is not responsible for, or liable for the content of other websites, or the protection and privacy of any information that you may provide to those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Statements, which we encourage you to review prior to the submission of any personal data.
Privacy Statement Updates
One International Place,
Galway Business Park,