BrightWork is here with its next release (1.4) for its holistic project and portfolio management (PPM) solution for Microsoft 365 – BrightWork 365. The updated version of BrightWork 365 will bring a range of new features that will help you make project and program management easier.
The new additions to the solution include:
Home Page Project Summary Metrics
There’s a live metric data from across all app areas is now added to the Home Page. Metric items link directly to their corresponding views. Get a summarized look of the status of your project requests, individual projects, and all your portfolios on the home page itself.
Portfolio & Program Area Enhancements
In this release, the Portfolio and Program area will give you additional options to track and control your projects with the following features and updates:
- Portfolio and Program Actions,Costs & Communications
- You can now assess the cost, budget, sources of expenses, vendor information and more in the Costs section. This will help you monitor your project expenses and see if you’re on the assigned budget or if you need to reassess your costs.
- In Actions, you can add or update information related to new/existing Action, Resolution, Approval, and Notes to keep your projects on track.
- You can use Communications to collaborate better with your project teams. Here, you have the option to set up Emails, Phone calls, Notes, Appointments, and User Actions all related to one specific project. Use this to avoid sifting through an endless trail of emails and calls that contain information on several unrelated topics and sources.
- Enhanced Portfolio and Program Status pages – a Program Schedule section is added and the Schedule section is now renamed as Project Schedule.
New Power Apps Dashboards
BrightWork 365 has been leveraging Microsoft Power Apps to help you manage projects with interactive dashboards. The latest version of the PPM solution brings more advanced dashboards to help you go further with data management and business intelligence.
- View and analyze critical portfolio data with a large variety of new Power Apps Dashboards with selectors and drill-down options.
Power BI Report Enhancements
The new features in the Power BI reporting system will enable you to drill down into more specific information on your projects.
- Documents from Actions and Costs are now included in the Power BI Project Documents dashboard.
- Active Stage column and a Project Status filter are now added to Power BI dashboards so users can find projects that have specific criteria.
- There’s a ‘Last Refresh Date’ information added to report pages so you can track the history of the changes made.