Director of Product Management
You will be the Director of Product Management for our three products: BrightWork, BrightWork 365 or Project Central. You will report to the CEO and be on the management team of the company. We are looking for a growth focused, experienced, talented, creative, driven, and focused individual who is up for an exciting challenge. Is this you?
BrightWork, whose clients include global companies like Amazon and United States Postal Service, has been a software product development company focusing on project and portfolio management solutions for 25 years. BrightWork is an award-winning and long-time Microsoft ISV (Independent Software Vendor) Partner with teams in the United States and Ireland.
An Expanding Product Set
- BrightWork: The easiest way to manage projects and portfolios with SharePoint On-Premises.
- BrightWork 365: The easiest way to manage projects and portfolios in your Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Project Central: A SaaS product on Microsoft Azure making it very simple to manage projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own our Product Management Lifecycle and Process
- Research the Customer Needs and the Competitive Landscape
- Own and Drive the Product Vision and Strategy
- Position our Products, in collaboration with our Marketing team
- Manage the Prioritized Roadmap for our Product Development teams
- Craft the Go-to-Market Strategy in consultation with our Marketing and Sales teams, e.g., Pricing, Channels to Market, etc.
- Own the Business Plan per Product including the Desired Outcomes and the P&L
- Coach the wider teams on Product Management
- 5 to 10 years proven experience in a Product Management role
- 5+ years in a Product Management role in a Business-to-Business software environment
- 5+ years of experience in cloud technologies and software development
- Experience with Agile product development and SCRUM methodologies
- A real understanding of and experience with Project and Portfolio Management
- Collaborative and business-oriented approach and ability to build strong relationships and influence with customers and internal teams
- Energetic individual, eager to manage multiple activities and priorities. Dedication to quality in all work tasks and deliverables. Passion for customer service.
- Proven Leadership and Management experience
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a compelling vision
- MBA, or similar advanced business or technical degree.
Our teams work remotely and are located across Boston, Washington DC, Dallas, Seattle, LA, and Galway, Ireland. You will be located in the US or Ireland, close to our customers and people.
Please apply on Indeed with your curriculum vitae (resume) and make clear your compensation requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.