A Unique Opportunity
You will be the CFO (part-time) for a software business that has three products: BrightWork, BrightWork 365 and Project Central. As CFO, you will report to the CEO and be on the management team of the company. We are looking for a growth focused, experienced, talented, creative, driven, and focused individual who is up for an exciting challenge. Is this you?
BrightWork (https://www.brightwork.com/), whose clients include global companies like Amazon and United States Postal Service, has been a software product development company focusing on project and portfolio management solutions for 26+ years. BrightWork is an award winning and long-time Microsoft ISV (Independent Software Vendor) Partner with teams in the United States and Ireland.
An Expanding Product Set
BrightWork: The easiest way to manage projects and portfolios with SharePoint On-Premises.
BrightWork 365: The easiest way to manage projects and portfolios in your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Project Central: A SaaS product on Microsoft Azure making it very simple to manage projects.
Role and Responsibilities
Manage the Finance function of the company with our full-time Financial Accountant, including:
- Manage the Company Budget: Annual Planning, Monthly Reforecasting and Reporting
- Provide leadership, mentoring and management to our Financial Accountant, who manages: Invoicing and AR, Payments and AP, Payroll (US and Ireland), Cash Collections, Forecasting and Transfers, Annual Audit in Ireland, Annual and Month End Close, Reconciliations and Consolidations, Annual General Liability Insurance Audit (US) and Insurance Cover Review
- Annual review of Royalties and Intercompany Charges
- On Tax matters provide support and management to our Financial Accountant, who manages:
- EU Tax Compliance (Income Tax, VAT, PRSI, etc.)
- US Tax Compliance (Income Tax Extensions; Income Taxes – Federal and all states; Sales Taxes – monthly; Payroll Taxes – monthly; Annual Reports; 401K Plan Reporting – with monthly payroll and annual reporting to the feds)
- US State Tax Registrations, as needed
- Advocacy – Bring the voice of Finance to the rest of our company through the management team and Company meetings
- On Benefits (e.g. Irish and US medical insurance, pensions, etc.) provide support and management to our Company Operations Specialist
- 10+ years in a Finance role with multi-national experience, ideally in a Business-to-Business software environment
- Proven Leadership, Management and Communication skills
- Be willing to work part-time – maybe less than 1 day on a normal week and perhaps 1+ days around month and year end
- Great Collaborator and Good Project Manager
- Characteristics to include: Independence, Integrity, Trustworthy, Intelligence, Detail-Oriented
- Experience to include: International Accounting, International Tax, CRM system, Strong on Excel
Our teams work remote and are located across Boston, Washington DC, Dallas, Seattle, LA and Galway, Ireland. You will be based in Ireland but your location is flexible. You will be very welcome to work with the team out of our fabulous office in Galway, Ireland. You will also be welcome to work remote in Ireland. We want you to live and work where you can live your best life and do your best work.
Please apply via Indeed with your curriculum vitae (resume) and be sure to make clear your compensation requirements. BrightWork is an equal opportunities employer.