Installation Office 365 – No Solutions Option

Homepage discussions Free Templates Forum Installation Office 365 – No Solutions Option

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Downing Downing Downing 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rich Taylor
    Rich Taylor
    Participant

I am attempting to install the free template. I have Site Collection Administrator access based on the fact that I have the full Site Collection Administration menu under the Site Settings plus, I am the user listed as the Site Collection Administrator when I look at the User Permissions settings. I do not have Solutions as an option under the Web Designer Galleries section of the Site Settings. Any help you can give me with this is appreciated as I would really like to try out your templates.

Profile photo of Michael Downing
    Downing Downing
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

This may be something you may need to discuss with your SharePoint administrator. A couple of things to try:

1) Be sure that you are at the absolute root of the site collection. Solutions is only located at the top level site
    2) Try this URL http://your site url/_catalogs/solutions/forms/allitems.aspx (replacing “your site url” with that of your own)

If you receive an Access Denied message trying step 2, it is most likely permission related. You could be a site collection administrator on a sub site.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works out.

Source: TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/feff2e11-3d53-427d-af79-ddeb4da8dee7/galleriessolutions-missing?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

Thanks,
    Michael
    BrightWork Support

Rich Taylor
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I was able to go to the page through the link and I did indeed end up with an access denied error. I requested access which was sent to me since I am the Site Administrator, but I don’t know what access to grant myself. I did Full Control, but that was not the access I needed.

Downing Downing
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

It definitely sounds like there are some permission issues going on. I recommend accessing the SharePoint server directly and trying it via there in Central Admin. Have you discussed this with your SharePoint administrator?

Thanks,
    Michael
    BrightWork Support

Rich Taylor
    Participant

Update to this issue. While I was researching this yesterday, I found a post where the problem resolution was to set your SharePoint site to allow scripting. It is found under the Advanced Settings for a SharePoint administrator. I did that yesterday before I tried your solution above and had an issue with permissioning. The note when I changed the option was that the scripting setting would not take effect for 24 hours. Today, I went into the site settings for the base site and the Solutions option under Web Designer Galleries is now available. I then followed the rest of your instructions and loaded the templates successfully.

Downing Downing
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to get everything sorted.

Enjoy the templates! If you ever want to give the full version of BrightWork a try, you can set that up here: https://www.brightwork.com/get-started/project-management-sharepoint-free-trial-hp

Thanks,
    Michael
    BrightWork Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.