Add to Office 365 / Sharepoint Online

Homepage discussions Free Templates Forum Add to Office 365 / Sharepoint Online

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Toan Washington Toan Washington 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ricky Evans
    Ricky Evans
    Participant

I’m trying to deploy the template into O365 but not getting very far. I’ve deployed it into my app catalog but I get messages saying:

Valid App Package: No
    App package error message: Invalid SharePoint App package. Error: File contains corrupted data.

I have re-downloaded and uploaded the files from scratch, but same result. Are the templates still compatible with O365?

Profile photo of Michael Downing
    Michael Downing
    Keymaster

Hi Ricky,

The .wsp solution needs to be uploaded into Solutions at the root of the site collection that you’d like to have it. It isn’t an o365 app.

You will need to navigate to the root of the site collection – click on Solutions – upload the .wsp and activate it. Once activated, you can create new subsites with the template under the Custom section during the site creation process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Michael

Profile photo of Desiree Hoo
    Desiree Hoo
    Participant

I downloaded the .zip file, but I cannot add to solutions. Under Site Settings – Web Designer Galleries – I don’t have the Solutions option. Is there another way to add the templates?

Profile photo of Michael Downing
    Michael Downing
    Keymaster

Hi Desiree,

You will need to be at the root of your site collection and have Site Collection Administrator rights in order to upload and activate the templates.

Can you verify that you have the above?

Thanks,
    Michael

Profile photo of Toan Washington
    Toan Washington
    Participant

Afternoon I’ve downloaded Brightworks template for O365 but not sure how to apply them to existing Task list, can someone help with next steps ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.