Outlook Calendar Connection to SharePoint Did Not Work After Server Move
An issue with the Outlook calendar connection to SharePoint occurred recently when a client’s site collection was moved from one server to another.
The client had set up some SharePoint to Outlook connections to some calendar lists on their original server. These connections no longer functioned in Outlook after this move. Read more on this functionality here
Here are the steps to resolve the calendar issue.
Errors are seen in the Outlook with an attempt to sync.
“Task ‘SharePoint’ reported error.”
“Outlook cannot connect to the SharePoint List.”
“The server may not be reachable from your location.”
Notes of Analyse
• A calendar connection is established from the SharePoint site and not from Outlook.
• The server location has changed because of the forced move to Project Hosts.
• I investigated the possibility of changing the connection detail within Outlook. It appears not to be possible.
• Therefore to resolve this we must remove the calendar in Outlook and then re-establish the connection.
• *Any Items which had been added to the calendar on the Outlook side since it stopped synchronizing, are in danger of being lost unless these appointments added to the SharePoint calendar before we re-establish the connection.
That should now resolve the issue.
Hope this helps