In-house Legal Advisor – Commercial Contracts
BrightWork is currently recruiting for an In-house Legal Advisor to join its team in Galway. This role will require acting as a broad legal and procurement resource for the Company, with the key areas of responsibility in contract management, procurement, and data protection.
This role would ideally suit a law graduate, solicitor, or procurement lead who wants to work in-house, or to progress his/her in-house career. The successful candidate will gain valuable experience in Irish, U.S., and international commercial and regulatory law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, negotiate and modify customer sales contracts and software license agreements.
- Draft and/or review other non-core agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, service level arrangements, and partner agreements.
- Advise the business on the contractual and commercial risks of new business opportunities.
- Understand the company’s business in order to effectively review, negotiate and modify customer contracts.
- Engage on data privacy compliance matters and assist in the review and development of policies relating to data protection, and monitor adherence to ensure consistent compliance for the company.
- Provide general legal support to the company, as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and/or qualified solicitor, or relevant university degree and experience in a procurement environment.
- Experience in some or all of: commercial contracts, software contracts, IP/IT, and data protection.
- Understanding of data protection law and concepts, both in Ireland, US, and internationally.
- Proficient in understanding intellectual property law concepts.
- Able to anticipate and/spot legal and business issues in contracts.
- Excellent communication, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Amazing attention to detail, high integrity, and very organized.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when needed.
- Willing to be a team player and take on all aspects of the contracting process, including administrative tasks like filing, contract request tracking, obtaining signatures and approvals etc.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Based in Galway, Ireland. Working from company headquarters in Dangan, Galway, with flexible home working options. Home-working full-time initially due to Covid-19.
Our mission at BrightWork is to make project management easier for our customers. We’re looking for smart, driven, and committed individuals to help us achieve this goal. We believe everyone at BrightWork should be happy, fulfilled, and engaged at work. We strive for equality, fairness, and generosity.
Please apply on Indeed with your curriculum vitae (resume) and make clear your compensation requirements.
BrightWork is an equal opportunities employer.