Business Intelligence Developer
- Are you interested in being a Business Intelligence Developer and an integral part of a growing software company? Are you ready to join and collaborate with an experienced and talented team of software professionals?
- Would you like to help shape the next generation of project and portfolio management software? And, at the same time enjoy your work? Then this is the role at BrightWork might just be for you!
- This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of the new product team.
- The new Business Intelligence Developer will join a new product development team to understand and build a data model of the related entities and create reports and dashboards from this data model, primarily using Microsoft Power BI.
- BrightWork has delivered project management solutions to thousands of companies worldwide (e.g. Amazon and United States Postal Service) since 1995.
- BrightWork has been a software product development company for 25+ years. BrightWork is a long-time Microsoft ISV (Independent Software Vendor) Partner with offices in Galway, Ireland, and Boston, USA.
- BrightWork creates software products to help organizations achieve successful collaborative project and portfolio management using a combination of Microsoft 365, Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Using the philosophy of ‘Start-Evolve’, we help our customers to gain immediate visibility into the status of projects and gradually evolve project management maturity in their own time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build efficient data models using Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- Build beautiful reports and dashboards that inform and illustrate project and portfolio management
- Develop Power BI parameters that facilitate the creation of transferable Power BI templates
- Publish reports to the Power BI Service and understand how to best configure the reports in the service
- Contribute to team meetings and ideation
- An initial training path will be provided but the person should also be interested to contribute to and shape the development of their own training path
- Contribute to our company’s success by identifying opportunities for people, product, and process improvement.
- Experience querying data (SQL or similar)
- Experience with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with data processing and transformation would be beneficial
- Excellent English with good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent would be desirable.
Some or all of the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to work under your own initiative and with a team
- Task ownership and ability to work within deadlines
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A driven individual with good energy and an appetite for work and success
- Interest in project management
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The BrightWork company offices in the IDA Business Park, Dangan, Upper Newcastle, Galway – and home working as needed during the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions.
If you are seeking a fresh new challenge, and feel you match the criteria above, then you may be the person we are looking for and in turn, we can offer you:
- Comprehensive training plan
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus plan
- Generous Holidays
- Health benefits
- Pension Plan
- Opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
- Please apply on Indeed with your curriculum vitae (resume).
- Please make clear your compensation requirements in your application.